Calvary Christian Academy is a nonprofit, Christian school encompassing Pre-School (age 3) through 8th Grade. Our faculty and staff are men and women called by God to minister to young people in the setting of a Christian education.
We are dedicated to developing discerning student leaders who are prepared for high school, college, and their future careers. We integrate a biblical worldview through our curriculum which is aligned with the Arizona State Standards. Our curriculum is Christ-centered, not only offering a wide range of educational experiences, but also the opportunity to meet a broad spectrum of learning styles and abilities.
We believe that the primary responsibility of the education of your child lies with you, the parent. Our goal is to work with the home as their extension in instilling biblical Christian values and educating young minds for eternity.
The Faculty of Calvary Christian Academy believes:
- The Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God that tells us what to believe and how to live.
- There is one God, revealed in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ came in the flesh, lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay for our sins, was raised from the dead, ascended into Heaven and shall come again to judge the living and the dead.
- All people are sinners and need the grace of God.
- Salvation is only through faith in Jesus.
Philosophy of Education
The educational process in a Christian school is dependent on a Biblical philosophy, which provides a Christian worldview and essential truths for life, so that children may be prepared to live godly lives in the home, the church, the community, and the world. For the greater goal of discipling our students we have chosen to focus on those areas of our faith that we hold in common:
- The Bible is God’s revealed truth and is integrated into all areas of school life. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Jesus Christ is our Lord and example in all areas of life: “And the child grew and became strong, he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him…and he grew in stature and in favor with God and men.” (Luke 2:40 & 52)
- Recognizing that the home and the church are God-ordained institutions for the training of our children, a partnership shall be sought with the home and the church in attaining that goal. (Proverbs 22:6)
- Prayer is a strong hold of the Christian faith; therefore, all aspects of our Academy are supported by the foundation of prayer. (Philippians 4:6-7)
Calvary Christian Academy seeks to provide a better education for the total child (spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional) in a Christian environment. The goal is to provide a positive, nurturing atmosphere where each student shall discover his or her area of giftedness.
The commitment of Calvary Christian Academy is to see the fruit of God’s Spirit produced in the life of every student: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, kindness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22); so that the outward control of the young child becomes the inward control of the adolescent.
The highest aim of Calvary Christian Academy is to produce students who have a love of learning, are sound in their faith, and have a vision of God’s call on their life. The philosophy dictates that Calvary Christian Academy cooperate closely with parents/guardians in every phase of the student’s development, always offering assistance in understanding the purposes of the Christian School.